Time to Catch Up

First of all, Kim and Mike got married! It was the most stressful four weeks of my life, but I'm so glad it was four weeks and not four months! They're still married and still seem every bit as happy as they look in this picture.



We even got a picture of the famous cheesecake squares from the reception. Thanks to everyone who played a part in transporting these little delicacies from Sam's Club in West Jordan to our back yard in Kennewick. We know it was a hassle, and we appreciate it!




Next up is Bryce. He started college! I told him he would miss me, but he doesn't. I told him he would come home to visit the first chance he got, but he hasn't. Carma told him to look up Marty and Michele's son Christopher. That, he managed to do but only by accident.

I discovered their acquaintance when he posted a picture on Facebook of his roommate . . . Chris BROCKMAN! I couldn't believe it. They ended up as roommates with no idea they were even related. The good news is they like each other. It would be sad if they didn't get along and then found out they were related.

This is Brett's first year in the marching band, and he loves it. Good thing, too, because it consumes his entire life: 4 hours on Tuesday, 4 hours on Thursday, 3 hours on Friday, and all day Saturday.



Brett also got a cell phone. I didn't think that was necessarily worth reporting, but Bryce thought it was a big deal.

Marilee: Here, Brett, I bought you a cell phone.

Bryce: Here, Brett, I bought you a cell phone?????!!!! Are you kidding me? I had to beg and beg and plead and beg, and you just hand him one and say, Here, Brett, I bought you a cell phone???!!!!!

Being old enough to be in marching band and own a cell phone hasn't changed his discriminating palate. He still detests peanut butter, and he cannot stand potatoes in any form (except french fries, and even then, he has his limits). He's worse than his father, and I didn't think that was possible. Maybe a mission to a third world country is in his future. After a few roasted guinea pigs, a peanut butter sandwich might not look so bad.

Jeff
is yet another budding Matheson musician. He learned to play the saxophone at summer band camp so he wouldn't be behind when he started 6th grade. Behind? After one week in class, the band director moved him up to play with the 7th grade band. It's stressful for him to perform with them, but he LOVED their first concert.

Jeff also had a great time canoeing at the 11-year-old campout in August. Look at that happy face!




(He's in the canoe on the left.)


Overheard at our House

Jeff: Popsicles? You chose popsicles for Family Night treat? Oh, man, Dad, you need a professional to show you how it's done. You NEVER choose something Mom's going to buy anyway! Gosh, Dad.

********
Marilee: Bryce, why do you have a mini white board in your car?

Bryce: So if I pull up at a stoplight next to a really hot chic, I can write my phone number and hold it up.

********
Text message from Brett at school: Jeff took the wrong lunch. I have peanut butter sandwich in my mouth.

3 comments:

lanekand said...

Thanks so much for the updated. We really enjoyed it. The "Overhead" put the cap on the update.

Mom, Dad, Kevin, Laurie & Brynley

The Kent Family said...

I love your update, Marilee! How funny that Christopher Brockman is Bryce's roommate! It's fun to see all of the pictures, too!

Diane Berkey said...

I hope you don't mind me reading your blog, but you feel like family now, so I can scarcely resist. Your kids are so funny! And unusually bright, I must add. I really admire Bryce's resourcefulness with the whiteboard. And your son's tender-loving patience with your husband's popsicle faux pas.