So here's the latest with us:
Jeff has become our little track star. When he signed up for track this year, I never dreamed he'd do so well. I had no idea he even liked to run, but he takes first or second place in every event he participates in.
For the record, I'm kinda glad this is my last child to do track, because track meets are THREE HOURS long! You run for less than 5 minutes and spend 2 hours and 55 minutes waiting. I tried to get him to sign up for events that were scheduled together so we could get our 5 minutes over with and then go home. Unfortunately, you need recovery time, so they space your events out.
Brett had a little excitement this week:
This is . . . er, was . . . his friend's car. Brett was in the passenger seat at the time of the collision, and we're counting our blessings that he has no injuries worse than a few airbag abrasions and some stiffness. He and his friends had finished cleaning an office building to earn a little extra money, and they were on their way home when a car way in front of them slammed on its brakes. It was a chain reaction down the line, and they happened to be the last in line. It was a pretty traumatic experience for everyone involved. Brett hasn't wanted to drive since the accident, so we've got to get him out here and "back on the horse." I don't want it to paralyze him forever. The one good thing to come out of this is that he'll be more patient with my cautiousness. I tend to make him crazy.
We got our garden in with the usual plants -- tomatoes, zucchini, carrots, strawberries, cucumbers, and peppers. Nothing extraordinary. We're still trying to master the basics. We also put in a peach tree. Jim has wanted a peach tree ever since we moved into this house, but I didn't want another peach tree in the yard that I had to mow around. Once that thing gets loaded with fruit, it's a serious pain to mow around. I lost the battle. Hopefully, the peaches will be good enough to justify the pain of mowing.
(Handsome, isn't he?)
Getting excited to meet those grandbabies in a few months.
We're also really looking froward to Skyping with our favorite missionary for Mother's Day.





1 comment:
I love blogs!
And I love my family!
And Jeff wears glasses when he runs?
Post a Comment