
Jeff got braces! It's a sad fact of being born into this orthodontically challenged family, but he's adjusting admirably. They're only on his top teeth, so they haven't been as painful as usual. Don't they make him look older?
Bryce got accepted to BYU-Idaho, so he's that much closer to being able to get out of here once and for all. (Once he leaves, he's not sure he's ever coming back. He told me not to count on him for next Christmas!) He should hear from Provo sometime in February.
Brett is facing finals this week and is still trying to figure out what possible purpose they could serve besides torturing him. He's a smart kid, just doesn't have much patience for school or teachers or homework.
Kimberly is trying to complete a month's worth of work in each of her classes so she'll be ready to go to Egypt in a few weeks. Egypt! I remember when she was in third grade and I was afraid to send her to a school that was a 20-minute bus ride away. Good thing I didn't yet know about her penchant for everything Egyptian.
Overheard at the Dinner Table
Post wisdom teeth . . .
Brett: Your face looks funny, Kim.
Kimberly: Thank you. I will now refrain from saying that your face always looks funny.
**************************************
Marilee: What do you mean you don't like potato chips? You take them for lunch every day.
Jeff: Yeah, that's because Evan Gibbons likes them and he always has fruit snacks to trade. I'm getting tired of Oreos, too, but Ashley Mahaffey will trade a whole Lunchable for them!
4 comments:
Yay! I love family updates! Keep 'em coming, mom!
- Kim
It is a sad fact of life that parents will never get right what their kids wanted for lunch. That is why there is an entire underground marketplace in the cafeteria.
Bryan
We take pride in our invention that allows kids to actually get what they want for lunch. It goes to show that kids are smarter than there parents. Food wise at least.
Ahem. Kids are smarter than their parents, my deer.
Post a Comment