What a Week!


On Thursday morning, we got an invitation we couldn't refuse from Cliff Berkey (Kimberly's most likely future father-in-law). He was flying to Salt Lake for business the next morning and invited us to tag along to visit Kim for a few hours before she leaves for Jerusalem.

It was a fabulous trip! Mom, Dad, Scott, and Jessie just happened to be in town on the same day (thanks to Bryan Kent's graduation -- I owe you one, Bryan!). They drove Kim to Salt Lake and joined us for a tour of the conference center and then lunch at Cafe Rio. It was wonderful! I loved every second of it! Not only did I have lunch with my daughter, but I got to see Mom, Dad, Jessie, Scott, and Brian, too! I still cannot believe we got to do that.

On the way home, we stopped for a picnic dinner at Johnson Creek, a fly-in campground in the tops of the mountains. I didn't even know such things existed!




As I crawled into bed that night, I thought, "I don't think I've ever gotten up in the morning, flown to Salt Lake, and then slept in the same bed again that night." It really was fun!

Kimberly leaves for Jerusalem at 2:30 am Tuesday morning. It promises to be an exciting four months, and we'll keep you posted.

Overheard in Kimberly's Religion Class

Student: You can actually buy caskets at Costco online.

Professor: Yeah, but they're shrink-wrapped and you have to buy six.

1 comment:

The Kent Family said...

Marilee,

I'm so sad that I didn't get to see you on Friday! We just had so much going on that day! I'm glad that you had fun!